Friday, February 17, 2012

THE RESULTS FROM THE SAATCHI SHOWDOWN COMPETITION FOR COLLAGES & ASSEMBLAGE


This is what Saatchi has to show for. What do you think, is it any good and if so, why? Is this better than my own work? I don't really want to criticize these much as that could come across as feelings of resentment. But I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that the compositions are very conventional, and that there are many faces or the upper part of bodies seen upfront - and they are portrayed in rather typical ways as often seen in Flickr collage groups, for instance (I recommend going there for some exciting collages). My favourite is "Circus, Circus" by Michael Tierney, as being the one with some innovation. Though to be honest I'm not sure what it is about. I cannot see any social messages here, which is what I expected to see.

You might also wonder why the one's with the country name are from the United Kingdom and some from the United States, and why the two other ones have no country?

This is where I wrote extensively about the Saatchi showdown that I took part in.

1st Place Showdown Winner

collage 4

by Kelly Susan

London, United Kingdom
PRINTS
$50

No comments:

Post a Comment